(When one decides to begin their 'transformation by the renewal of their mind journey', we recommend they keep the following biblical truths readily available. Gently refuting 'old self' thoughts, with 'new self' thoughts, the Truth/God's Word, can cause a short-term increase in emotional pain, anxiety, etc. It's completely normal)
Sacred Scripture Truths
God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit:
1) Nothing can ever separate me from Your love.
2) You'll never leave or forsake me.
3) You provide for all my needs, according to Your wisdom and riches.
4) My being is 'Yours', your dwelling place/temple. You have purchased and own me (1Corinthians 6:19-20, Jeremiah10:23),
5) You take all the normal/common/typical worries, that the remnant of the 'old-self dishes out.
6) My present sufferings are not worth comparing, with the glory that will be revealed to me one day.
7) I don't worry about my life, body, or tomorrow.
8) I trust in You and acknowledge You, knowing that you are making straight my paths.
9) Greater are You that lives within me, than he that is in the world.
10) You're causing ALL things to work together for my good.
11) Since You're for me, who cares whose against me.
12) When I ask you to remove a 'thorn in my flesh', and you choose not to do so, Your grace is sufficient for me, for Your power is being perfected in me.
13) When my body does something I did not want to do, it's not 'I/Me' (new man self) that did it, it's the (old man self) that did it.
14) You're restoring me and making me strong, firm, established and steadfast.
15) Since I'm holding thoughts captive, to make sure they are consistent with your Word, and g-e-n-t-l-y refuting those that are not with your Word, I'm being transformed by the renewal of my mind, as you instruct me to do so.
16) Your Truth is setting me free.
17) When people mistreat me unfairly, and I end up suffering because of it, for some reason like Joseph in the Old Testament, you bring good out of it.
18) When I come to You, weary and burdened, in silence, solitude, and stillness, I'm nourished, strengthened, and renewed by you.
19) I have the strength for all things in 'You', that gives me the power.
20) I give thanks in all circumstances.
21) I live 'by faith' in Your Word, and not by what I see happening around me.
22) Although I want to do good all the time, like the Apostle Paul experienced, the desire to do the things I don't want to do is right there with me. So, not only am I gentle on myself, but, I'm gentle on others as well, because they too experience the same struggle.
23) Trials & tribulations are a normal & natural part of my life (Acts 14:22, James 1:2, Romans 5:3, Colossians 1:24,1Thessalonians 1:6).